Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada and Srila Gurudeva.
Here are some of the transcendental pearls of wisdom I had written down in my notebook from the pravacan of our spiritual master on 1st March 2008 in Rajkot.
1. Krishna is addressed as yashoda nandana – Yashoda is the purest devotee. yashah dadaati iti yashoda. If we run after Krishna we will also become famous. Great devotees like Srila Prabhupada, Kulashekara Alwar etc became famous because they took exclusive shelter of Krishna.
2. Krishna is refered in Gita as nidhaanam bijam avyayam. nidhaanam means inexhaustible and eternal resting place. In dharmashaala we are kicked out after a while. This material world is like a dharmashaala.
3. We must be economical but not miserly. Richness (paisaadhaar) is completely different from opulence(srimanth). Srimanth is one who has money and uses it for devotional service.
4. We must always eat seasonal fruits and vegetables because Krishna has infused His energy in those fruits and vegetables that is suitable for our bodily nourishment according to the particular season.
5. We should buy milk and churn our own yogurt. We should always use excess money in maintaining cows and farm land.
6. Krishna’s appearance must be there in our life. Those who follow Bhagavatam are called bhagavadiya. Bhagavadiya people are always peaceful. Because they practice the verse:
maa kancana shuco raajan / yad ishvara vasham jagat
lokaah sapaala yasyeme / vahanti balim ishituh
sa samyunakti bhutaani / sa eva viyunakti ca
"Sri Narada said: O pious King, do not lament for anyone, for everyone is under the control of the Supreme Lord. Therefore all living beings and their leaders carry on worship to be well protected. It is He only who brings them together and disperses them."
7. You cannot look after your own digestion. How can you look after others? We don’t realize that we ourselves are helpless. Hence we are beating around the bush.
8. Bhishmadev says na hy asya karhicit raajan – Nobody knows Krishna’s plans. An accident appears to be accident but it is not.
9. As soon as our behavior goes anti-vedic, our health is disturbed. Never worry. ‘Worry’ stops our digestion. For digestion, organs should move freely. By worrying the organ’s movements gets stopped and it leads to indigestion.
10. Honesty always gives us protection. Cheaters cannot survive in this world. Our relationships should never be clouded by selfish interest.
11. Theistic attitude is interwoven in the pages of Srimad Bhagavatam and Bhagavat-gita.
12. Encouragement in life comes from the constant chanting of holy names.
13. We are not running after happiness. We are looking for bliss. Bliss and Bless are related. We should have blessings from everybody to be in bliss. Elders must be always respected and goodwill from everybody must be there for us to be in bliss.
14. As the waning years approach, invalidity is bound to creep in. If we are with Krishna, even during old age we can be in bliss.
15. Unless we are vraja jana, ranjana will not be there (Krishna’s pleasing reciprocation will not be there).
16. Every word of Srimad Bhagavatam is impregnated with unlimited meanings. Broadcast it with your own self-assimilated experience (yah svaanubhaavam akhila shruti saaram ekam).
17. Our goal of existence is not preaching but tobecome a devotee.
18. We are always infected by the three modes of material nature. Only Krishna’s presence in the house (like deity, shastras etc) will reduce the effect of the modes.